Tuesday, May 03, 2005

So much to say/do/hear/think about/write/create...

Well, I'm back... meant to write a couple of days ago, but I've been really busy. My brother Indrayudh is here (and has been since the 25th), so I've been spending some time with him. Kolkata was fantastic. I really enjoyed catching up with my cousins and other relatives, and jamming with the whole family. I don't know what I would do if the rest of them were as musically inclined as they are.
Sikkim was marvellous too. Saw an abandoned fort town, went white-water rafting, stuff like that.Travel really opens you up, makes you feel closer to nature, and hilly places never fail to remind me how small I really am compared to this planet. Its a very calming, inspiring feeling. So much so that I resolved to form a progressive metal band as soon as I got back home. And thats one of the things that have been keeping me busy. Gigpad has a great classifieds section, where I posted an ad and have received a lot of calls about since. I've spoken to lots of people who are interested, and will meet them soon. My only fear is that I may not be good enough for my own band (how lame is that?)... time will tell.
I wrote my first of 3 law school entrance exams on the 1st, which was for National Law School of India University. The competition's really tough, so I don't think its going to work out. I have 2 more on the 14th and 15th, for Symbiosis and NALSAR respectively. Other than this, I'm looking at studying economics or english at some good colleges in Bangalore itself.
Books
Impressing The Whites by
Richard Crasta - Its about how the third world is desperately trying to be white, trying to emulate the western lifestyle, just to get a piece of the unfortunately hypothetical pie of respect that the whites hold. Good stuff.
A Short History of Nearly Everything by
Bill Bryson - A great guide to everything around us, in plain, snappy, and humourous english.

I have a lot of artwork to do, primarily graphic design. Need to finish a piece I've been working on for a while, practice some typography and logo design. More later.

No comments: